We respect your privacy. We provide this statement to inform you of how we will use the personal data you submit to us. This may be through the website, or to one of the email addresses provided on the website. By submitting personal data to us, you are consenting to the collection, use and disclosure of the information in the manner described in this statement, as modified from time to time by us.
You have the absolute discretion to determine the type of personal data submitted, which may include personal data (“Personal Data”). The submission of your Personal Data is voluntary.
To the extent permitted under the law, all information submitted to us shall be deemed and/or remain our property, to be used for any purpose, any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in the information submitted by you. We shall not be subjected to any obligations of confidentiality regarding submitted information except as agreed in writing by us.
- We may collect personal data from you in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when you purchase merchandise on our website register as a member on the website and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources which is made available to you. We will collect personal data from you only if you voluntarily submit such information to us.
Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include your name, residential address, email address, mobile and/or residential telephone number, gender and date of birth, and payment information such as credit card numbers, debit card numbers and bank account information.
HOW WE USE COLLECTED PERSONAL DATA
- We collect and use personal data and any other information submitted by you via online to keep you informed of relevant Care Bears information, events, and promotions.
- We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
- To perform order fulfilment obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you; i.e. delivery of your purchases;
- To process your membership registration for the online purchases;
- To verify your identity;
- To verify your submission;
- To respond, handle and process queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
- To provide customer service and support.
- To improve our website. We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services;
- To diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve any problems with the services;
- To detect or investigate any prohibited, illegal, unauthorised or fraudulent activities;
- To monitor and analyse user activities and demographic data including trends and usage of the services;
- To measure consumer interest in the products, services or an event;
- To process payment or credit transactions;
- To send you marketing information about our services or events including notifying you of our marketing events, membership and rewards schemes and other promotions;
- To comply with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
- To transmit to any unaffiliated third parties including our third-party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- We may disclose your personal data to the following group of organisations for purposes mentioned above, subject to the requirements of applicable laws:
- Our affiliated companies and associations;
- Agents, contractors, data intermediaries or third-party service providers who provide services, such as telecommunications, delivery, information technology, payment, data processing, insurance, storage and archival, to the Organisation;
- External banks, financial institutions, credit card companies and their respective service providers;
- Our professional advisers and consultants;
- Relevant government regulators, statutory boards or authorities or law enforcement agencies to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes imposed by any government authority;
- The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
- The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided in paragraph 24.
- Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it.
- Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided in paragraph 24.
- Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided in paragraph 24.
- To access your personal data or to correct your personal data, we will need to be satisfied that you are the person authorised to access and/or make corrections to the data previously provided to us. In this regard, we will need to sight in person or through other satisfactory procedures to verify your identity or authorisation before we proceed.
- For a request to access personal data, we will provide you with the relevant personal data no later than 30 calendar days from the date of verification received. We will be charging you a reasonable fee for handling and processing your access request. We will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
- For a request to correct personal data, we will correct your personal data as soon as practicable after the request has been made unless we have reasonable grounds not to do so. No fee will be charged for the correction of data subject to you providing the information required.
- For correction to your personal data, we will require the necessary supporting evidence /documents supporting the corrections.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- We will also put in place reasonable security arrangements to ensure that your personal data is adequately protected and secured. Appropriate security arrangements will be taken to prevent any unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, leakage, loss, damage and/or alteration of your personal data. However, we cannot assume responsibility for any unauthorized use of your personal data by third parties which are wholly attributable to factors beyond our control.
- You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
- We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided in paragraph 24.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
- We will cease to retain your personal data or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA
- Your personal information may be transferred to, stored and processed in other jurisdictions where a third-party contractor is located or from which the third-party contractor provides us services. We will take reasonable steps necessary to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy. By using and accessing website, you hereby consent to the transfer of your Personal Data outside Singapore and its collection, use and disclosure as set out in this Policy.
DATA BREACH NOTIFICATION
- In the event a breach of security leading to accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, personal data, we shall promptly assess the impact and once assessed that it is a notifiable data breach, we shall report this breach within 3 calendar days to the Personal Data Protection Commission (PDPC). We will notify you when the data breach is likely to result in significant harm to you after our notification to PDPC. We may also notify other relevant regulatory agencies, where required.
MARKETING/ OPTIONAL PURPOSES
- From time to time, we may contact you via mail, electronic mail or social media platforms, to inform you about Care Bear products, events, programs, promotions, services and activities that may be of interest to you. You can let us know at any time if you no longer wish to receive marketing materials in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below. We will remove your details from our direct marketing database.
- If you have any questions relating to the use or disclosure of your Personal Data, or if you wish to know more about our data protection policies and practices, please contact our Data Protection Officer via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by writing to Gees Marketing Pte Ltd at 6 Ubi Road 1, #08-02 Wintech Centre, Singapore 408726.
UPDATES ON POLICY
- As part of our effort to ensure that we properly manage, protect and process your personal data, we will be reviewing our policies, procedures and processes from time to time.
- We may revise this Policy from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Policy was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
Effective date: 8 Nov 2022